Almonds - your healthy, go-to snack when the hunger pangs kick in. Fortunately, it’s now easier
than ever to reap the benefits of the superfood and tuck into something delicious by incorporating almond flour into your favourite recipes. Give your bakes a healthy boost by swapping traditional refined flours for low carb, high protein almond flour without sacrificing taste.
Health Benefits of Almond Flour
Almond flour has a nutritional advantage over many processed flours in that it contains the same nutrient profile as whole almonds. Sukrin Organic Almond Flour contains the same Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s) as almonds, is high in protein, fibre and antioxidants, and contains the essential minerals magnesium, iron, potassium, copper, manganese and zinc.
Additional health benefits include:
- Packed with protein, almond flour is a particularly valuable cooking ingredient for vegans or vegetarians for cell repair and growth
- Gluten and wheat-free, almond flour is perfect for those who suffer from Celiac disease or have an intolerance
- Due to its low GI and low impact on blood sugar, almond flour is great for diabetics and those on low glycemic diets
- Almonds appear to not only decrease aftermeal rises in blood sugar, but also provide antioxidants to mop up the smaller amounts of free radicals that still result
- Almond flour is packed with minerals and is a good source of the B vitamins folate and niacin, as well as magnesium, calcium, iron and potassium
- Almond flour is an excellent source of vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that protect cells against damaging free radicals and supports immune function a quarter cup of almond flour provides 40% of your RDA
- Almonds are high in monounsaturated fats which have been associated with reduce risk of heart disease