Nuts for peanuts? Let us introduce your new favourite baking and cooking ingredient, Sukrin Peanut Flour. Perfect added to bakes, breakfasts and stews, or as a protein supplement in smoothies and sauces, peanut flour has around ¼ of the fat of peanut butter but all the protein, fibre, and nutrients that make the peanut a nutritional powerhouse.
Health Benefits of Peanut Flour
Sukrin Peanut Flour is a great ingredient for those wishing to take in high quality protein while keeping their carb consumption low. Adding peanut flour to your diet enables you to easily increase your protein and fibre intake, as well as benefitting from the EFA´s, trace minerals and B vitamins found in peanuts.
Additional health benefits include:
- Packed with 50% protein, peanut flour is a particularly valuable cooking ingredient for vegans or vegetarians for cell repair and growth.
- Lower in fat (by 80%) than whole peanuts, with only 12g per 100g
- Gluten and wheat-free, peanut flour is perfect for those who suffer from Celiac disease or have an intolerance
- Due to its low carb content, low GI and low impact on blood sugar, peanut flour is great for diabetics and those on low-glycemic diets
- Rich in monounsaturated fats and other nutrients that have been shown to promote heart health
- Contains high concentrations of antioxidant polyphenols that have cardio-protective benefits
- Natural source of soluble and insoluble fibre
- Good source of folate, zinc, and potassium and an excellent source of magnesium, phosphorus, and niacin
- Peanuts contain more arginine than any other food and peanut flour contains twice the amount than peanuts per serving. Arginine has been shown to play a role in opening up blood vessels to improve blood flow.
- Can help prevent weight gain when incorporated into a balanced diet