Nuts for peanuts? Let us introduce your new favourite baking and cooking ingredient, Sukrin Peanut Flour. Perfect added to bakes, breakfasts and stews, or as a protein supplement in smoothies and sauces, peanut flour has around ¼ of the fat of peanut butter but all the protein, fibre, and nutrients that make the peanut a nutritional powerhouse.
How is Sukrin Peanut Flour Made?
Sukrin Peanut Flour is milled from US grown roasted peanuts, which are then pressed to extract some of the oils, leaving a naturally fat-reduced flour, packed with protein and nutrients. Our whole food flours are never bleached, leaving you with a high quality, fine flour.
Naturally gluten-free, low in fat and with a low Glycemic Index (GI) and low Glycemic Load (GL), our peanut flour is 50% pure high quality protein and contains 11% pure fibr
Health Benefits of Peanut Flour
Sukrin Peanut Flour is a great ingredient for those wishing to take in high quality protein while keeping their carb consumption low. Adding peanut flour to your diet enables you to easily increase your protein and fibre intake, as well as benefitting from the EFA´s, trace minerals and B vitamins found in peanuts.
Additional health benefits include:
- Packed with 50% protein, peanut flour is a particularly valuable cooking ingredient for vegans or vegetarians for cell repair and growth
- Lower in fat (by 80%) than whole peanuts, with only 12g per 100g
- Gluten and wheat-free, peanut flour is perfect for those who suffer from Celiac disease or have an intolerance
- Due to its low carb content, low GI and low impact on blood sugar, peanut flour is great for diabetics and those on low-glycemic diets
- Rich in monounsaturated fats and other nutrients that have been shown to promote heart health
- Contains high concentrations of antioxidant polyphenols that have cardio-protective benefits
- Natural source of soluble and insoluble fibre
- Good source of folate, zinc, and potassium and an excellent source of magnesium, phosphorus, and niacin
- Peanuts contain more arginine than any other food and peanut flour contains twice the amount than peanuts per serving. Arginine has been shown to play a role in opening up blood vessels to improve blood flow.
- Can help prevent weight gain when incorporated into a balanced diet
Using Peanut Flour
Peanut flour has a delicious, mild-roasted flavour that is perfect for adding richness and flavour to your cooking and baking, complimenting both sweet and savoury dishes. Mix with traditional flours in your favourite recipes to lower carb content and add protein. We do not recommend completely replacing flour in a recipe with peanut flour, as it does not act with other ingredients in the same way - although there are some existing recipes you can try that are completely gluten free!
Here are some of our favourite uses for Sukrin Peanut Flour:
- Make your own low fat peanut butter by mixing peanut flour with water, some Sukrin Gold and a little salt
- Add to brownies, cookies, bread and cakes for flavour - a little goes a long way!
- Make naturally protein-packed pancakes by simply adding eggs and a banana
- Create your own ‘protein balls’ or truffles for a tasty, filling snack
- It's a natural thickener and great addition to stews, sauces, and gravies - you can make a delicious low fat satay sauce by replacing the peanut butter in your recipe with Sukrin Peanut Flour.
- Add a spoonful to smoothies for an added burst of protein