The smarter difference: 66% less calories and 100% fewer carbs than regular marshmallow
Serve: Makes 30 pieces Time to prepare: 15-20 mins Time to cook: 2 hours in fridge - Preparation: Easy
Free From: Sugar, Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Dairy and Soya
Suitable for Diets: Coeliacs and Diabetics
Suitable for Lifestyles: Sugar-Free, Low-Carb and Paleo
Allergens (Contains): Eggs
Beneficial Nutrition: Sugar-Free, Low-Carb and Low-Calorie
Sukrin Products: Sukrin Icing, Coconut Flour and Almond Flour
Gorgeously squishy and delicious, you won't believe these Marshmallows are sugar-free, with virtually no carbs or calories. Adapt to make any flavour or colour you like - we added a little beetroot powder and berry stevia to make our pink version, and coconut stevia dipped in dark chocolate for our white version.
Prep time: 15-20 mins Cook time: 2 hours. Yield: 30 servings
- 3 large organic egg whites
- 14 gelatine sheets (7.5 x 12.5 cm)
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 80g Sukrin Icing
- 15-20 clear or flavoured Nutri-Nick Stevia Drops
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Sukrin Almond Flour or Coconut Flour
- Pinch of salt
- Line a 20 x 20cm dish with parchment paper and sprinkle evenly with almond or coconut flour.
- Cover the gelatine sheets with cold water to allow them to soften.
- In an electric mixer, start to beat the egg whites. Gradually add the cream of tartar, Sukrin Icing, stevia drops and vanilla. Continue to beat until the mixture forms soft peaks.
- Drain the gelatine in a sieve, pop into a small pan and melt over the lowest heat your hob allows. Once melted, with no pieces of gelatine remaining, whisk into the meringue on medium. Continue to whisk on high until it's thick, creamy and mallow like, up to 5 minutes.
- Quickly scoop into your lined dish, smooth out and sprinkle over a little more flour.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least 3 hours before cutting into cubes. Sprinkle with more flour or Sukrin Icing, or even dip in chocolate or roll in desicated coconut.