Low-Carb Baked Apple with Sukrin Gold
By November 12, 2014Published:
The smarter difference: 30% less calories and 40% less carbs than apple baked with sugar
Serve: 2 Time to prepare: 5 min Time to cook: 20 min - Preparation: Easy
Free From: Sugar, Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Dairy, Egg and Soya
Suitable for Diets: Diabetics and Coeliacs
Suitable for Lifestyles: Sugar-Free, Low-Carb, Vegetarian and Vegan
Allergens (Contains): None
Beneficial Nutrition: Sugar-Free, Low-Carb and Gluten-Free
Sukrin Products: Sukrin Gold
Sukrin Low-Carb Baked Apple, sugar free with Sukrin Gold
We added some sliced red pears to the apples, just for a change. By simply cutting up the fruit, sprinkling with any Sukrin sweetener and a few almonds and baking until soft, you have a yummy dish perfect as breakfast, dessert or a snack. Lovely with yoghurt or low fat creme fraiche sweetened again with Sukrin sweetener. Really delicious.
Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 20 min. Yield: 2 servings
- 4 Apples
- 2 tbsp Sukrin Gold
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 20g Flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Core the apples and cut into wedges (no need to peel). Place them in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Sukrin Gold, cinnamon and almonds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until apples feel tender.
- Serve with low fat creme fraiche, vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.