Gluten-Free Cherry Clafoutis with Sukrin Almond Flour
By November 12, 2014Published:
The smarter difference: 60% less calories, 60% fewer carbs, 80% less fat and 35% more protein than a regular clafoutis.
Serve: 4 Time to prepare: 10 min Time to cook: 25 min - Preparation: Easy
Free From: Sugar, Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Dairy and Soya
Suitable for Diets: Diabetics and Coeliacs
Suitable for Lifestyles: Low-Carb, Sugar-Free and Vegetarian
Allergens (Contains): Egg
Beneficial Nutrition: Low-Carb, High-Protein, Sugar-Free and Gluten-Free
Sukrin Products: Sukrin:1 and Almond Flour
Sukrin Gluten-Free Cherry Clafoutis, sugar-free and low-carb with Sukrin Almond Flour and Sukrin:1
This classic French dessert is reworked to make it healthy, gluten and sugar-free, but seriously just as delicious. The Sukrin Almond Flour is a brilliant substitute for ground almonds in all dishes, and works so well here to make the batter rich and almondy without fat, while the Sukrin:1 sweetens perfectly without adding calories or carbs. Later in the year make with peaches, apples, blackberries. Yum.
Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 25 min Yield: 4 servings
- 50g Sukrin Almond flour
- 20g gluten free plain white flour or Fibrefine
- Pinch of salt
- 100g Sukrin:1
- 3 eggs
- 250ml almond milk
- 300g pitted cherries
- Oil a shallow gratin dish.
- Whisk everything except the cherries and allow the batter to rest for a few minutes.
- Pour into the dish and scatter the cherries. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and set.
- Sprinkle with Sukrin Icing and serve warm with cream or ice cream.