Healthier Rice Crispie Cakes with Sukrin Gold
By November 12, 2014Published:
The smarter difference: 45% fewer carbs than regular rice crispy cakes
Serve: 8 Time to prepare: 10 min Time to cook: 0 min - Preparation: Easy
Free From: Sugar, Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Soya and Egg
Suitable for Diets: Diabetics and Coeliacs
Suitable for Lifestyles: Low-Carb, Sugar-Free, Vegetarian and Vegan
Allergens (Contains): None
Beneficial Nutrition: Low-Carb, Sugar and Gluten-Free
Sukrin Products: Sukrin Gold
Sukrin Sugar Free Rice Crispie Cakes, lower carb with Sukrin Gold
The old school holiday favourite!! We have made some healthy changes to the usual recipe, substituting coconut butter for butter and Sukrin Gold for golden syrup. You can use sugar free chocolate if you like and add shredded coconut, raisins or seeds to add healthy texture and crunch!
Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 0 min. Yield: 8 servings
- 200g Dark chocolate
- 50g Coconut butter
- 60g Sukrin Gold
- 100g Puffed rice (gluten-free if necessary)
- Melt the chocolate, the coconut butter and Sukrin Gold over a low heat. Cool.
- Add the puffed rice and gently mix everything together.
- Form small balls with a spoon and place them on greaseproof paper, or into fairy cake cases.
- Keep the rice crispie cakes in the refrigerator until serving.