Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake With Sukrin Sesame Flour
By April 08, 2014Published:
The smarter difference: 60% less calories, 88% less carbs and 72% less fat than regular chocolate cake
Serve: 9 Time to prepare: 15 min Time to cook: 30 min - Preparation: Easy
Free From: Sugar, Gluten, Wheat, Yeast and Soya
Suitable for Diets: Diabetics and Coeliacs
Suitable for Lifestyles: Low-Carb, Sugar-Free and Vegetarian
Allergens (Contains): Egg, Dairy, Sesame
Beneficial Nutrition: Sugar-Free, Low-Carb, High-Protein and High-Fibre
Sukrin Products: Sesame Flour, Sukrin Gold and FibreFine
Healthier Sukrin Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake, gluten-free and low-carb with Sukrin Sesame flour and Sukrin Gold
This is very brownie like, a really great low-fat, gluten-free version, with a hint of orange and some walnuts for texture. The recipe uses Sukrin Gold to add sweetness without carbs and calories, and sukrin sesame flour to add a nutty richness. Take out of the oven while still a little soft, just like you would a brownie.
Prep time: 15 min Cook time: 30 min Yield: 9 servings
- 3 Eggs - medium
- 200g Sukrin Gold
- 100g Sukrin Sesame Flour
- 50g Sukrin Fibrefine
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 50g Cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Orange zest, grated
- 50g Walnuts
- 300ml buttermilk
- Oven 400F/200C/GM6
- Grease and line a 24cm square cake pan. Whisk eggs and Sukrin Gold until well combined. Mix the Sesame flour with the Fibrefine, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- Fold gently into the egg mixture. Stir in the buttermilk, vanilla extract, grated orange zest and chopped walnuts, reserving a few for the top.
- Pour the mixture into the tin, sprinkle with the reserved nuts, and bake for approximately 30 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack until cold. Dust with Sukrin Icing to serve, if you like.