The smarter difference: 60% fewer calories, 80%less carbs and 60% less fat than regular cupcakes
Serve: 8-10 Time to prepare: 20 min Time to cook: 20 min - Preparation: Easy
Free From: Sugar, Gluten, Wheat, Yeast and Soya
Suitable for Diets: Diabetics and Coeliacs
Suitable for Lifestyles: Low-Carb, Sugar-Free and Vegetarian
Allergens (Contains): Sesame, Egg
Beneficial Nutrition: 77% Less Carbs, High Fibre, Sugar and Gluten-Free
Sukrin Products: Cake Mix, Sukrin Icing
Sukrin Sugar-Free Cupcakes, gluten-free and low-carb with Sukrin Cake Mix
Coconut butter makes a great substitute for butter in this lovely frosting, which uses Sukrin Icing instead of icing sugar and the meringue method of making icing. You could also use the same method with butter and Sukrin Icing to make a sugar free but still buttery icing: and can easily be flavoured with cocoa or any natural flavouring you like.
Prep time: 20 min Cook time: 20 min. Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 packet Sukrin Cake mix
- 30g Cocoa powder
- 30g Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 100ml buttermilk
- 200ml Water
- 3 Eggs - medium
- Sukrin Icing: 50g
- Coconut butter: 3 tbsp
- Egg white: 1
- Line a 12 hole muffin tray with large cupcake or muffin cases.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/GM4.
- Mix Sukrin cake mix with the eggs, water, buttermilk, the cocoa powder and the chopped chocolate (or chocolate chips) and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Fill the cupcake cases 2/3 full, and bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes in the tin before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the icing:
- Whisk the egg white over gently boiling water in a metal bowl until it stiffens.
- Add the Sukrin Icing and whisk until dissolved. Whisk in the coconut butter (in it's hard form) in little chunks until incorporated.
- Chill for a little while until firm enough to spread, and decorate your cupcakes .