A delightful twist on an Easter classic! These lovely low-carb muffins from SpamellaB are packed with flavour and are gluten & refined sugar-free!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup Sukrin Organic Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup Sukrin Gold sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened apple puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk
- ½ cup mixed dried fruit (I used chopped dried apricots, cranberries and sultanas)
For the cross:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and lightly grease 6 muffin tins.
- Mix together the buckwheat flour, Sukrin Organic Almond Flour, baking powder, spices, lemon zest and Sukrin Gold in a large bowl.
- Beat together the apple puree with the eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and almond milk. Pour this into the dry ingredients and mix well - you should have a nice thick batter.
- Stir in the dried fruit, then spoon into the muffin tins until they reach the top. Place in the oven for about 5-8 minutes to give them a head-start.
- Meanwhile make the cross mixture: Beat together all of the ingredients until smooth and light, then working quickly, spoon into a piping bag.
- Remove your muffins from the oven, then quickly pipe a cross on the top of each one. You should have just enough mixture! Now return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes, until risen and golden brown.
- Leave to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Now you’re ready to enjoy these delicious, gluten and dairy-free muffins as a healthy Easter treat!
This recipe was created by SpamellaB exclusively for Sukrin. For more healthy and delicious recipes, be sure to visit her website www.SpamellaB.com and follow her Twitter and Instagram accounts @SpamellaB.