The smarter difference: 36% less calories, 57% more protein and 76% less carbs than regular muffins
Serve: 6-7 Time to prepare: 15 min Time to cook: 25 min - Preparation: Easy
Free From: Sugar, Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Dairy and Soya
Suitable for Diets: Coeliacs
Suitable for Lifestyles: Sugar-Free and Vegetarian
Allergens (Contains): Egg
Beneficial Nutrition: High-Fibre and Low-Carb
Sukrin Products: Coconut Flour and Sukrin Gold
Gluten-Free Banana Muffins with Sukrin Organic Coconut Flour
Packed with fibre and lower in carbs with Sukrin Organic Coconut Flour, these delicious muffins would even make a great healthy breakfast option! Top with a slice of banana, a sprinkle of seeds or chopped nuts before baking if you like. Delicious served with almond butter.
Prep time: 15 min Cook time: 25 min. Yield: 6-7 servings
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 70ml coconut oil (or ghee), melted
- 1 tbsp Sukrin Gold (optional)
- 40g Sukrin Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 190C/350/GM5.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tray with 5 or 6 large paper cupcake cases.
- Melt the coconut butter and let it cool slightly. Mash the bananas with a potato masher, and blend in the rest of the ingredients with a hand blender until just combined.
- Divide the mix between the cupcake cases. Bake muffins in middle of the oven for approx. 20 min.
- Cool in the tin for a few minutes, then place on a wire rack until cold. Sprinkle with Sukrin Icing to serve.