The smarter difference: 30% fewer calories, 44% more protein and half the carbs of a regular nutrition bar
Serve: 12 Time to prepare: 10 min + soaking time Time to cook: 12-15 mins - Preparation: Easy
Free From: Sugar, Gluten, Yeast, Soya, Dairy and Egg
Suitable for Diets: Coeliacs and Diabetics
Suitable for Lifestyles: Sugar-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan and High-Protein
Allergens (Contains): Sesame
Beneficial Nutrition: High-Protein and Low-Carb
Sukrin Products: Sesame Flour, Sukrin Gold
Sukrin Sugar-Free Nutrition Bar, High Fibre, gluten and dairy free with Sukrin Sesame Flour and Sukrin Gold
Whole nuts can cause digestive issues for some, which is largely due to their phytate content, an anti-nutrient that removes essential minerals from the body, and is found in grains, nuts and seeds. Soaking them and gently roasting them as we do in this recipe removes the phytates, thus making them more digestible and much safer to eat. Adding sesame or peanut flour adds extra yum plus protein, and they are free from sugar which makes them low carb too.
Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 12-15 min. Yield: 12 servings
- 600g mixed nuts
- 150g shredded or dessicated coconut
- 200g dried fruit, chopped dark chocolate, raw cacao nibs, seeds etc
- 80ml coconut oil
- 80ml almond butter
- 50g Sukrin Gold
- 75g Sukrin Sesame Flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Soak the nuts (and seeds if using) overnight with the salt. Drain and rinse well.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast GM4/350F/180C for 12-15 mins
- Roughly chop half the nuts. Process the rest until they begin to form a paste. Melt together the almond butter and coconut oil, Sukrin Gold, vanilla and until the Gold is dissolved.
- Stir in the nut paste and nuts, any additions and the Sesame Flour.
- Pack into a lined dish, allow to sit in the fridge for an hour before slicing and serving.