The smarter difference: 20% fewer calories, eight times more protein, 80% less carbs than regular scones
Serve: 10-12 Time to prepare: 10 min Time to cook: 25 min - Preparation: Easy
Free From: Sugar, Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Dairy and Soya
Suitable for Diets: Diabetics and Coeliacs
Suitable for Lifestyles: Sugar-Free, Vegetarian and Paleo
Allergens (Contains): Egg and Dairy
Beneficial Nutrition: High-Protein and Low-Carb
Sukrin Products: Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, Sukrin Granulated and Sukrin Icing
Sukrin Gluten-Free Scones, Low-Carb, High in Fibre and Protein, with Sukrin Almond Flour
Try our version of traditional scones, gluten-free, extremely low in carbs, but just as moreish as the regular version! Can also be made into one big scone for sharing, or perhaps add blueberries, cherries, blackberries or coconut instead of raisins or sultanas. Top with coconut cream and some berries that have been mashed with Sukrin Icing to make a fresh and yummy jam!
Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 25 min. Yield: 10-12 servings
- 300g Sukrin Almond Flour
- 60g Sukrin Coconut Flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp Sukrin:1 (Granulated)
- 100g raisins or sultanas
- 30g coconut oil (solid)
- 2 eggs
- 60ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Rub in the solid coconut oil.
- Mix the liquid ingredients together, and add, with the raisins, to form a soft dough.
- Cut out with a pastry cutter, and bake for 25-30 mins.
- Dust with Sukrin Icing to serve.